Top Review by Starrynews
Very nice and refreshing... the brown rice made a great, nutty flavored base! I threw in some garden fresh gold and red grape tomatoes, quartered, and it came out wonderfully. Thanks for sharing! Veg*n Swap 26
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, dry
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- At least a few hours before you plan to serve this dish, cook the brown rice according to the package directions. Allow it to cool for about an hour.
- Chop the herbs and veggies. Whisk the oil and lemon juice together.
- Mix rice, herbs, veggies, dressing, and pine nuts (if using). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least one hour to let the flavors marry.