Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Inspired by my Quinoa Tabouleh (Gluten-Free and Vegan), this is perfect for any picnic or BBQ. Feel free to add ANY veggies you have lying around. My best friend said that it would be good with tomatoes and avocados. Cooking time includes cooking and cooling the rice.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, dry
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- At least a few hours before you plan to serve this dish, cook the brown rice according to the package directions. Allow it to cool for about an hour.
- Chop the herbs and veggies. Whisk the oil and lemon juice together.
- Mix rice, herbs, veggies, dressing, and pine nuts (if using). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least one hour to let the flavors marry.
Very nice and refreshing... the brown rice made a great, nutty flavored base! I threw in some garden fresh gold and red grape tomatoes, quartered, and it came out wonderfully. Thanks for sharing! Veg*n Swap 26
Love this salad!!! The addition of the pine nuts matches so well with the nutty rice - the whole salad is a perfect composition. So glad I tried it! Thanks for posting.
Made for When it's hot / When it's not Tag Game.