Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was adopted from the RecipeZaar account.
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces sour cream or 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 3 1⁄2 cups assorted fresh vegetables, Hot, Cooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine onion recipe soup mix, ground beef, bred crumbs, sour cream or yougurt, egg and thyme or basil.
- Sprinkle flour into 9-inch pie pan.
- Press ground beef mixture onto bottom and sides of prepared pan, shaping edges 3/4 inch above pan and forming a center "well".
- Bake 40 minutes, drain.
- Fill with 3/4 cup cheese, then vegetables and remaining cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
- In 9-inch glass pie plate, prepare ground beef mixture as above.
- Heat, uncovered at HIGH (Full Power) 9 minutes, turning plate every 3 minutes; drain.
- Fill as above and het 3 minutes on HIGH (Full Power) 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand covered 5 minutes before serving.
I used 1 lb ground turkey and made up the 1/2 lb with soaked TVP granules. Used light sour cream and frozen (cooked) veggies, Recipe #24952 and added some rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper. The meat mixture made a lot and next time I would put it in a 7x11 dish to make it a little thinner. I cooked the meat in the oven, but then cooked the rest in the microwave. Turned out very good. Thanks.