Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
You will never believe how good this is....
- 3 cups cubed watermelon, seeds removed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup celery, sliced finely
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup coleslaw dressing
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted (sliced or slivered)
- Stir together watermelon, celery, and grapes in bowl.
- Keep the fruit in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, stir salt into coleslaw dressing.
- Pour mixture over fruit and stir until coated.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
Boy did I get some strange looks when I served this!! But when I asked everyone - so what do you think, 5 stars? The immediate answers were "Oh Yeah", "At Least", and "Definitely". Now for DH, he didn't try it because the kids ate the grapes and I had to substitute cucumber, but his parting comment after tasting one piece of watermelon was - I'd like to taste that when you make it again with the grapes. Needless to say, no leftovers, so I don't know if it improves with sitting or not. Maybe I'll find out next time since I'll be making a lot more. Thanks Sherrybeth!!
This salad is terrific! I made my own coleslaw dressing using lowfat mayo, red wine vinegar, and splenda. Light and refreshing, great variation of textures with the juicy watermelon and crunchy celery. Loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!