Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just love this time of year, when I can go out to the garden and pick beautiful tomatoes. You could use either roma or regular tomatoes for this recipe. I just made it for lunch and it has a lovely combination of flavours- so easy to put together too. From the local paper.
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup slivered basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups penne or 3 cups fusilli, cooked and drained
- Combine all ingredients except penne in a large bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add to cooked penne and toss to combine. Serve immediately.