Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
I've had this recipe for several years. I believe it came from a grocery store handout. They're quick and easy to make with a unique taste. They're yummy and always gobbled right up wherever I take them.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened instant tea
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 5 teaspoons hot water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in tea, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Gradually stir in flour. Drop by heaping teaspoon 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- In preheated 350 degree oven, bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden around edges and centers are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 to 4 minutes before removing to wire racks. Brush with glaze (if too thick, glaze can be thinned with a few drops of hot water). Cool completely.