Recipe by Chef Iron B
This is a chicken breasts stuffed with sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese. It's light and very good.
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Take your mesquite or hickory wood chips and soak them in water.
- Light the charcoal.
- Look in your knife drawer and find a knife that is about the same width as your pointer finger and middle finger combined.
- Insert the knife horizontally in to the thicker end of the chicken breast and slowly push it down the middle of the breast but not all the way through. You want to leave a pouch in the chicken breast. If you do poke a whole you can use a tooth pick to keep it closed while cooking.
- Stuff the pouch with the sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Drizzle both side of the chicken breast with extra virgen olive oil.
- You want the grill to be at a medium heat. You have reached a good medium heat when you can hold your hand 5” above the grill rack for three seconds. If the grill is too warm try closing the lid and partially opening the vents. Wait five minutes and your fire should be at medium. To raise the temperature of the grill at any time just open the lid.
- Slice the red onion in to quarters.
- Separate one quarter in to the separate layers and add the layers directly to the coals.
- Drain the water off of the wood chips and add them to the coals. You should start to see smoke coming from the grill.
- While this is happening you should place the chicken breasts on the grill rough side side down. Cover and enjoy the outdoors for a little while.
- Keep the lid closed for at least five minutes so that the fish has a chance to absorb the smoke flavors. If you keep opening the grill you will absorb those flavors.
- Flip and season the chicken breasts to your liking.
- When the chicken breast is completely white and you have achieved the desired grill marks that you are known for bring them in and let everyone tell you how awesome you are.