Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I make this strawberry pie often when strawberries are in season, this is a very good recipe for a glazed pie. I always top it off with real whipped cream, and then a couple more fresh strawberries on top of the cream, so delicious! Prep time does not include cooling the glaze, but it includes refrigeration time. If you prefer a more sweeter glaze, just add in more sugar.
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts (completely cooled)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -4 tablespoons jello strawberry gelatin
- 3 -4 drops red food coloring
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries, sliced in halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the pie crust, let cool completely; set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and salt; bring to a boil, continue boiling on medium heat, and mix in the strawberry gelatin powder and a few drops of red food colouring; mix to combine; let glaze cool to room temperature.
- Brush the bottom of the baked pie crust with a thin layer of glaze.
- Gently fold in the sliced strawberries into cooled glaze, and pour into baked pie shell.
- Refrigerate/chill for a minimum of 4 hours or until well set.
- Serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream.