1 hr 15 mins
Cucina Rustica; pull up a stool and crank up the AC. You are going to be at the stove a while.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 8 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a 2 quart saucepan over low heat.
- 2Add in the onion and saute slowly until soft.
- 3Add in the zucchini and garlic, briefly saute over medium heat until the garlic gives off it aroma.
- 4Heat the broth in another pan until it is very hot; turn off the heat, but keep the broth hot.
- 5Add the rice to the zucchini mixture and, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, saute until the rice is opaque and makes a clicking sound against the metal of the saucepan, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- 6Add the hot broth to the rice one ladleful at a time, stirring frequently.
- 7The rice should cook very slowly over low heat.
- 8Wait until the liquid is absorbed before adding the next ladleful of broth.
- 9Midway in the cooking time, add the basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- 10When the risotto is al dente, add the mozzarella, the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and the parmesan cheese.
- 11Turn off the heat and stir vigorously until all the oil and cheese are absorbed; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summertime Risotto (Risotto All’estate)
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 757.5
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 1525.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 26.3 g