Recipe by BecR
A delicious, simple ending to a summer meal. From a delightful little cookbook 'Sugar Pie & Jelly Roll: Sweets from a Southern Kitchen' by Robbin Gourley.
- 1⁄4 cup dry sauterne
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash crushed clove
- 12 medium whole figs, stems on (or three medium peaches, peeled and sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, heat together sauterne, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Do not boil. Stir in spices.
- Put the figs or peaches in a deep bowl and pour the wine mixture over them.
- Macerate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Divide fruit between bowls, pouring the wine mixture over them. Garnish with a sprig of thyme or mint.