Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Here's a way to get a healthy breakfast even when it's hot outside. The oatmeal doesn't cook, but rather softens in the yogurt. The recipe is very flexible, you can add whatever flavor yogurt and whatever fruit you have on hand. It must sit at least overnight, but will keep well for a few days in the fridge.
- 3 (6 ounce) cartons fruit yogurt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups fruit, chopped
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch cardamom
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least overnight.
- If too thick, add a little milk or fruit juice.
- Optional add-ins: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, toasted wheat germ -- you get the idea.
- Serve chilled.