Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a zesty cool summertime dish that is so good when it is so hot outside.
Make and share this Summertime Italian Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian dressing, about
- Drain the green beans.
- Add beans and onion to a container with a tight lid.
- Add enough dressing to cover and put lid on the container.
- Give it a good shake and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- (I always leave it overnight to soak in the flavor).
mydesigirl, This salad has always been a summertime favorite in my family! When the tomatoes are bursting out of the garden, I add 1 large diced tomato and it is wonderful! Thanks for posting! ~Manda
Lovely tasting, I expected the beans would absorb too much of the italian dressing flavor, but they did not and these are GREAT!. I added yellow wax beans also, and opted for vidalia over the red onion. Red onions can be too harse for us. By reading the other review, I went with their suggestion and added red tomatoes. Great recipe with ingredients that were already on hand!