Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love this for breakfast or just a light snack. I use homemade applesauce. Source: BH&G
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1 cup whole all-bran cereal
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup dried berries and cherries
- low-fat vanilla yogurt (optional)
- fresh apricot halves (optional)
- Spray a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl stir together oats, bran, wheat germ, and almonds. In a small bowl stir together applesauce, honey, and cinnamon. Pour applesauce mixture over cereal mixture. Use a wooden spoon to mix well.
- Spread granola evenly onto prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Carefully stir in dried berries and cherries. Bake 3 to 5 minutes more or until golden brown. Spread on foil to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Serve with vanilla low-fat yogurt and fresh fruit.