Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Posted by request
- 2 italian sweet sausage
- 2 hot Italian sausages
- 12 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage, turning frequently until browned, about 10 minutes; drain on paper towels and let cool; cut into ¼ inch thick slices and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; stir in 1 ¼ cup shredded cheese; set aside.
- In an ovenproof nonstick 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter with the olive oil; add in shallots; saute until softened but not brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms; saute for 1-2 minutes; add in zucchini and continue cooking 2 minutes; add in garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Arrange the sausage slices around the vegetables and season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausages and vegetables; cook over med-low heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the tomato slices around the edge of the skillet; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until the frittata is puffed and brown, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and invert onto a plate, invert again onto a serving platter, so the tomato border faces up (or can serve directly from the pan).
- Place sour cream in a large dollop in the center and garnish with the basil; serve immediately.