1/1 Photo of Summertime Fresh Blackberry Peach Cobbler
1 hr 10 mins
Chef Kathy's Note:
Juicy blackberries and peaches combine with a buttery crisp topping in a luscious cobbler that has become a family favorite. Fresh or frozen blueberries or raspberries can be used in place of the blackberries. As my husband says, 'That's so good, it'll make you slap your granny!'
My Private Note
9 x 13 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups blackberries
- 4 cups peaches (peeled, pitted & sliced)
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar (to taste)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5/8 cup butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1Put berries, peaches, orange juice, water, 1 cup (sugar or ) Splenda, 1/4 cup butter and 1 tsp.nutmeg in large shallow skillet on medium-low heat. Stir gently to mix.
- 2Cook until just simmering.
- 3Keep warm while making batter and crumb topping.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 5Coat glass 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 6Cut 1 1/4 sticks of butter into pieces; put in pan and melt in oven while making batter.
- 7Mix flour, salt, baking powder and 2/3 cup of (sugar or) Splenda in large bowl; blend in buttermilk just until moistened, set aside.
- 8In a small bowl mix oatmeal, 1/2 cup of (sugar or) Splenda and spice.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Remove melted butter from oven.
- 11Scoop about 4 tablespoons of butter into oatmeal mixture and blend well.
- 12Set aside.
- 13Pour buttermilk batter into remaining hot melted butter in pan spreading it evenly.
- 14Now spoon the hot fruit mixture over the batter, it will puff up very dramatically, nearly filling the pan.
- 15Place the baking dish on a cookie sheet in case it runs over.
- 16Crumble the oatmeal topping over the center of the cobbler, covering the fruit.
- 17Place in oven and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until top is well-browned and syrup is bubbly all around.
- 18Let cool 15-20 minutes before serving.
- 19Serve as is or with ice cream, whipped cream or plain cream dolloped on a serving.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summertime Fresh Blackberry Peach Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 43.6 mg
- Sodium 510.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 52.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: