Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fresh cottage cheese salad. Utilize the veggies from your garden. I'm not sure when I started making this salad. My grandma came up with it years ago, and I've made some simple changes to make it my own. **I've never had this salad on a bun, but my fellow Zaarites have taken gorgeous pictures in that form. I think I'll try it on a toasted onion bagel!
- 1 (24 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped (more or less depending on your taste)
- 2 green onions, chopped fine (use tops)
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, de-seed for less juice and chopped
- salt and pepper
- Drain excess fluid from cottage cheese. (If you decide to put in on bread, you may want to drain in a strainer.).
- Gently fold together shredded carrot, green pepper, onions, tomato and cottage cheese.
- Place in serving dish, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Good salad. The ingredients all make for a very fresh and summery tasting salad. Thank you for posting!
Well, now I'm hooked! Since I made this last week, I have to put cottage cheese in every salad! I wasn't sure if it would go with every kind of dressing, but, for those of you who may ask, Yes it does go with them all! Trust me, it goes with anything! I am trying to lose a few pounds, and this is great for me, I use low-fat or fat-free dressing and the cottage cheese is protein, so it works out well. Thanks for a keeper Debi! Made for the Go For the Green event at KK'z forum.
I have been wanting to make this for while and I and so glad i finally got to making it, this is a wonderful basic salad but has great flavor, thank you Kitty i will make this again soon!