Recipe by Debster
One of my favorite desserts. The summer berries and the orange crust are delicious. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups peaches, sliced and skinned
- 2 cups nectarines, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 2-quart baking dish, toss the fruit with 4 teaspoons flour, 1/3 cup of sugar and the lemon juice; spread the fruit over the bottom of the dish.
- Combine the remaining cup of flour with the remaining tablespoon of sugar and the salt, baking powder and orange rind in a bowl.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the milk and toss with a fork until the dough holds together.
- On a floured work surface, pat the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick round, oval, square or rectangle (depending on the shape of your baking dish).
- The dough does not need to completely cover the fruit.
- Position the dough over the fruit and sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of sugar.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and crust is golden brown.