Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Diabetic Living Magazine. This salad recipe uses two different colors of tomatoes. Simple to make for that last minute party invitation.
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, firm but ripe
- 1 cup yellow grape tomatoes, firm but ripe
- red leaf lettuce or similar lettuce
- In a non-reactive salad bowl, combine the vinegar, ginger, honey* and salt. Whisk well.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and toss with the vinegar/ginger mixture to coat.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce if desired.
- * you can zap the honey a few seconds in the microwave to soften it so that it whisks well.