Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
I get some of my best recipes from the New York Daily News website. This one is simple and delicious, and supremely easy to put together.
- 2 slice country bread
- 4.92 ml mayonnaise
- 99.22 g thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 1 ripe jersey tomatoes, sliced thin
- 3 large fresh basil leaves
- dill pickle slices
- Spread one slice of the bread with a teaspoon of mayonnaise.
- Layer on the turkey, tomato slices and basil.
- Top with the remaining bread slice and cut in half.
- Garnish with pickles.
I made this for my DH for lunch and he ate it right up! I did leave out the dill pickles. Thank you Mirj!
Great sandwich! I loved the fresh basil so I used more! Also added a few fresh spinach leaves! YUM! I didnt know what a jersey tomato was so I used a roma. Next time I will use a spicy mustard or honey mustard- I think that would be really yummy. I also used some freshly sliced loaf of garlicy herb french bread from the bakery. Definitely use a really good bread with this sandwich- yummo! Thanks for a great and easy recipe Mirj- beats the same old plain turkey sandwich!