Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
An easy slow-cooker recipe that is a great way to use your summer vegetables. My husband prefers V-8 juice but I like tomato juice, so I compromise and use half of each. You can season to your liking.
Top Review by beccalanders31
My crockpot gets used big time during the summer. I thought this was a good chunky vegetable soup that provided healthy sustenance. I used Spicy V-8. I know I will use this one all summer long because my husband has a big garden that gets closer to being ready everyday. Thanks.
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups halved fresh green beans
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium yellow squash, cubed
- 4 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cubed peeled eggplant
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups V8 vegetable juice or 4 cups tomato juice