Recipe by Sherrybeth
This stuff is so addictive. I never would have put half of these ingredients together, but the flavors and textures mesh SO well.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups yellow squash (mix both if you like) or 3 cups zucchini (mix both if you like)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 5 chopped roma tomatoes
mango salsa ingredients
- 1 large chopped tomatoes or 3 chopped roma tomatoes
- 1 chopped mango
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1⁄2 cup chopped purple onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- salt and pepper
- minced jalapeno, if you like it hotter you can add a seeded
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil. Stir in squash and/or zucchini and cook covered for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir occasionally to keep from sticking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter and add flour, mixing well. Stir in the cumin, chili powder and salt. Gradually stir in milk, stirring constantly. Add the Monterey Jack cheese and stir constantly until the sauce is thick and cheese is melted.
- Stir 1/3 of cheese mixture into the squash mixture. When completed mixing, take a tortilla and spread 2-3 Tablespoons (to your liking) onto the tortilla. Roll tortilla and place in a buttered 9X13 inch pan. Repeat this process with other 7 tortillas.
- Pour remaining cheese mixture over the tortillas in the pan. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees, remove from oven and top with tomatoes. Bake uncovered for five more minutes. Serve with Mango Salsa.
- Directions for Mango Salsa:.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix gently.