Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This recipe came together by chance. Lauren was given (many) zucchini from her co-worker's garden, and I made Dipping Oil - Rosemary Garlic for the Vegetarian swap, and had a lot left over! This took 15-20 minutes to make and it was delicious. Please note, the flavored oil was made ahead of time, and allowed to sit and let the flavors mix. Please also note that the recipe for the flavored oil below, is for one FULL batch of the oil. I proably only use about 1/2 cup flavored oil in TOTAL for this recipe. Nutrition info. probably does not reflect that.
- 1 lb small shell pasta (I used Barilla Piccolini Wheels)
For the flavored oil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, mixed with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook according to package directions until al dente.
- Over medium heat, add a couple tablespoons of the flavored olive oil to a skilelt, and sautee the zucchini for a couple minutes until bright green.
- Gently stir in the beans, 1/3 - 1/2 cup remaining olive oil, and the tomatoes with their juice. Heat through and reduce heat to low until pasta finishes cooking.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce.
- Check for seasoning, the flavored oil should be enough, but it's always nice to check.