Recipe by Wicked Step Foodie
I am always looking for a way to use up my zucchinis! This made a yummy and moist meatball. I use grass fed beef which can sometimes be dry This recipe produced 10 meatballs all just slightly larger then a golf ball. 5 meatballs per serving. Cal 236 Total fat 12.5 grams Sat Fat 4 Carbs 16 grams Protein 17 Fiber 2 grams
Top Review by Mella7
My husband has an aversion to anything green, so I didn't tell him about the zucchini until AFTER he raved about this recipe. Now he wants me to make some more up for spaghetti, meatball subs and possibly a meatball soup. I loved the consistency of these and the flavor was incredible!
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef (i use grass-fed beef)
- 8 saltine crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 3 basil leaves, large leaves (about a TBLS chopped fresh, less if dried)
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix with your hands the first 5 ingredients. Set aside.
- Meanwhile shred the zucchini and sprinkle with garlic salt. Put shredded zucchini in a colander and put a weight on top to help drain as much liquid as possible in 15 minutes.
- Chop the basil.
- Add the basil and the drained zucchini to the meat mixture and mix well using your hands.
- Roll into balls and put on a sprayed baking sheet and into a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. iIf using a high fat meat bake for 20 minutes.