Recipe by MarineCorpsWife
Very fast, simple side dish.
Top Review by Sue Lau
MARVELLOUS! I agree that it is an absolute MUST to use fresh basil in this. I am not a basil snob, but I use dried basil sometimes in sauces where it cooks a long time. Foods with short cooking times do best with fresh herbs, such as this recipe. And using smaller squash is better (less seeds). This is a quick and simple recipe, but sometimes simplicity is best, as is now. Everything may be simple but it is perfect, letting the squash brown ever so slightly while still keeping them a tiny bit crisp. Then the cheese and the basil just melt in the mouth! Welcome to RZ and thanks for sharing! I look forward to browsing your recipes for years to come. ~Sue
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped fresh basil (HAS to be fresh- dried doesn't work)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute squash and zucchini in olive oil on medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute until squash and zucchini become transparent (about 2 or 3 more minutes).
- Remove from heat. Add basil and mozzarella and toss. Shake parmesan over the top and serve.