Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Saw this in the Toronto Star today. Made it for lunch today and my MIL asked for second!!
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt, whole-milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled,chopped (regular or English)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh coriander
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- croutons or baked pita bread, wedges
- In large bowl, combine yogurt and water.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except croutons.
- Serve garnished with croutons or baked pita wedge.
We had this for lunch today. It was pleasant, but I think I would like more vegetables, for example, drained diced tomato. I also cut back on the amounts of salt and pepper. Thank you for a nice recipe, I'm sure I'll be fiddling with it to make it mine.