Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This watermelon gazpacho was a result of a lot of watermelon and several different recipes that I liked only parts of. It's the easiest version I've seen, and everyone who's had it loves it. It's wonderful on hot summer evenings with anything grilled.
- 3 tablespoons diced red onions
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar (more or less to taste)
- 3 cups diced watermelon
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons asian style chili-garlic sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper
- If the red onions are very strong, soak in ice water for about half an hour before marinating. (This draws out some of the sulfury taste.).
- Marinate the onion with the red wine vinegar, red wine, and sugar for about an hour.
- Combine onions with everything else and chill for at least an hour.