Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from the Bob&Sheri web page (nationally syndicated radio program). It matches up SO nicely to summer vegetables that are all ready at the same time. It is a wonderful dish that serves 8 and would make a great summer dinner party entree.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb rock shrimp, cleaned
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 ears corn, cut from cob
- 2 medium zucchini, diced small
- 2 medium yellow squash, diced small
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice reserved
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- kosher salt
- In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of water to a boil. Add 2 Tbl. salt and pasta. Stir, cook until pasta is al dente.
- Heat saute pan to medium high heat. Add olive oil and garlic. Cook until garlic is golden brown.
- Add rock shrimp and sprinkle with salt. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat and place mixture in a large bowl.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove pasta from water and add to bowl of shrimp.
- Add corn, zucchini, squash and peas to pasta water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain vegetables and add to bowl with pasta and shrimp.
- Add basil, lemon zest, lemon juice and butter. Stir gently and season to taste.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to serve.