- 1 lb farfalle pasta, prepared according to package
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1 small summer squash, diced
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 roasted garlic clove, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup hot chicken broth (1/4 cup water, For vegan)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, oregano, parsley, thyme (Using Your favorite herb mix)
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan heat oil and sauté jalapeño, pepper, carrots, onion, and squash for 5 minutes adding little broth if needed.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and broth to heat.
- Toss in capers and herbs.
- Toss in drained pasta to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated fresh cheese.