Recipe by Derf
30 seconds under the broiler, to melt cheese, to finish off these crisp fresh summer veggie pizza buns, delicious quick lunch.
- 1 bun, split crosswise
- 4 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 slices sweet green peppers (rings)
- 2 slices sweet red peppers (rings)
- 8 slices cucumbers
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 -5 leaves romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 slices sharp white cheddar cheese or 2 slices cheese, of your choice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- carrot, cut into sticks
- celery, cut into sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Split bun of your choice in two crosswise.
- Spread with cream cheese, 2 tablespoons on each side.
- Place tomato slices, half on each side of bun.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a ring of each sweet pepper on each side.
- Place 4 slices cucumber on each side, sprinkle each side evenly with green onion and again salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle each side evenly with shredded lettuce and season again.
- Place one slice of cheese on each side.
- Place on foil lined cookie sheet and place under broiler for about 30 seconds or until cheese is melted, as short a time as possible to keep it all crisp.
- Remove to plates and garnish with carrot and celery sticks.