This is our new favorite summer dinner when time is short. With garlic bread, it's a totally perfect dinner! It goes together quickly once everything is chopped. Try to cut the veggies about the same size as the pasta for the best results. The veggies are listed in the order I saute/add them in, since we like everything about evenly cooked. It might seem like a lot of garlic, but it cooks long enough to become sweet and nutty. I usually add another crushed clove toward the end to add more fresh garlic taste. (We love garlic...) This is definitely a recipe to play with, and amounts/ingredients are completely flexible--though I do like the ratio of pasta/olive oil/cheese as I've posted...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons rough chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup sweet bell pepper, chopped (red, orange, yellow is good)
- 2/3 cup zucchini, sliced (or other summer squash)
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 3 ounces mild goat cheese, crumbled (chevre)
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta or 8 ounces rigatoni pasta or 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 1While putting sauce together, cook pasta as directed, drain. It'll probably be ready close to when the veggies are --
- 2Slowly cook garlic in olive oil, low heat, about four minutes.
- 3Raise heat a bit, add bell peppers, cook another 3-4 minutes, then add zucchini and mushrooms.
- 4Prevent child from eating all the goat cheese.
- 5When zukes and peppers are cooked to your liking (about 4 more minutes for us), add remaining ingredients and heat through til tomatoes give up some of their juices and the cheese has melted into the sauce.
- 6Stir in cooked pasta and heat through. Pasta will soak up the sauce.
- 7Serve with extra crumbled goat cheese on top if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Veggie Pasta Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.8
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 120.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 13.2 g