Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic along with tomatoes fresh from the garden. Even the children will eat their veggies! To keep this low fat - use reduced or no fat mozzarella.
- 2 cups zucchini, diced or sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1 cup vidalia onion, sliced in rings
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup swiss cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or dutch oven.
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms, onion and spices and saute until tender.
- Add the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese and continue cooking until cheese is melted and tomatoes are warmed through.
- Top with the parmesan cheese and serve.
We really loved this Veggie dish, I used a red onion, and diced the zucchini. I didnt use as much of the olive oil and cut the garlic back too. The mozzarella added gave it a nice creamy texture. Will make this again, thanks for posting. Eve =)
I made this and spooned the mix over sauted chicken breasts. Really good! I made it as posted, didn't change a thing. Easy recipe. Added a salad and had a great dinner! Thanks Denise!