Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic along with tomatoes fresh from the garden. Even the children will eat their veggies! To keep this low fat - use reduced or no fat mozzarella.
- 2 cups zucchini, diced or sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1 cup vidalia onion, sliced in rings
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup swiss cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or dutch oven.
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms, onion and spices and saute until tender.
- Add the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese and continue cooking until cheese is melted and tomatoes are warmed through.
- Top with the parmesan cheese and serve.
We really loved this Veggie dish, I used a red onion, and diced the zucchini. I didnt use as much of the olive oil and cut the garlic back too. The mozzarella added gave it a nice creamy texture. Will make this again, thanks for posting. Eve =)
I made this and spooned the mix over sauted chicken breasts. Really good! I made it as posted, didn't change a thing. Easy recipe. Added a salad and had a great dinner! Thanks Denise!