Recipe by JillAZ
I'm not sure where I originally got this recipe. I've been making it for years and it is wonderful as a side to grilled chicken or salmon. It also makes a wonderful meatless main dish. I use the spinach and regular linguine mixed together. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Top Review by lazyme
What a nice pasta dish. I didn't have red bell pepper, so used green instead. Loved everything about it and can just imagine what other veggies would be good here. Thanks JillAZ for a nice keeper. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium summer squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 ounces linguine
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut yellow squash and zucchini into thirds lengthwise.
- Cut each third into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Cut red bell pepper into thin strips.
- Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Combine wine, salt, basil, tarragon and red pepper flakes in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add squash, zucchini, red bell pepper, mushrooms and garlic.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir wine mixture and drizzle over vegetables.
- Toss to coat and allow to heat through.
- To serve, toss vegetables with pasta until well mixed.
- Transfer to a large serving platter or a pasta bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- This recipe calls for dried herbs but of course use fresh if you have them.
- This looks great on a big platter with pieces of grilled salmon placed on top and garnished with sprigs of fresh basil.