Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was gleaned from the internet & posted here for the Zaar World Tour 5.
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 aubergine, sliced (eggplant)
- 6 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 courgette, sliced (zucchini)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet & saute the onion, bell peppers & garlic for about 5 minutes, then add the aubergine & continue frying over low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes & courgette, season with salt & pepper, then add the oregano & cover, continuing to fry over medium to low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat when vegetables are well-cooked & serve either hot or cold.
I followed the recipe almost exactly, but omitting the eggplant. I used cherry tomatoes, which I would really recommend as the sweet flavour bursts through the garlic and olive oil blend. A super side dish- thanks Syd!
Delicious veggie dish! I left out the eggplant and sliced the onion thinly instead of chopping, otherwise made as directed. This was easy to make, filling and flavorful - thanks for sharing the recipe!