Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Parchment paper is a great way to use less fat in cooking and still end up with a tasty dish. Notice that you are cutting each piece of the parchment paper into a heart shape. Other vegetables that I think you could use: chayote, mushrooms, asparagus, or spinach. After looking at some other veggie parchment recipes, I think 375 degrees for 20 minutes might work too. Maybe you are like me--- love oven meals so that is why I am putting the oven/time variation here. If you do not have parchment paper use foil, but parchment is prettier. :)
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 summer squash, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and gently mix.
- Fold four 15 inch square pieces of parchment paper in half; cut each into heart shapes.
- Unfold and place vegetables on one side of each sheet next to fold.
- Fold and tightly seal the edges with narrow folds.
- Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Remove packets from oven and transfer to individual serving plates.
- Cut open packets and serve.
Wow! The smell coming from the oven was intoxicating! This is a lot like ratatouille cooked in the oven, with less liquid. This tastes wonderful, and has a beautiful presentation. I'll do this again....thanks for sharing!
I made two rectangle packets and it worked great. By the time I folded it, it was more half-round shaped. But no matter, the fresh steamed delicious veggies is what counts. This is a nice recipe to keep the dull out of cooking because while you can use the microwave, it's nice to do it old school every now and then. Thanks for sharing the recipe.