1/1 Photo of Summer Vegetable Succotash
From Gourmet Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb small yellow-fleshed potato (such as Yukon Gold)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (preferably corn oil)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 3 ears; preferably yellow and white)
- 8 ounces baby pattypan squash, trimmed and quartered
- 8 ounces frozen shelled edamame or 8 ounces baby lima beans, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1Cover potatoes with cold salted water by 1 inch in a large saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are just tender, about 20 minutes.
- 3Drain and cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- 4Heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a well-seasoned 10-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat until foam subsides, then sauté potatoes with salt and pepper to taste, turning once or twice, until nicely crusted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 5Transfer to a serving bowl.
- 6Sauté corn and squash in remaining 3 tablespoons butter in skillet over moderately high heat, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in beans and sauté, stirring, until heated through.
- 8Season with salt and pepper and add to potatoes with onion and chives, stirring to combine.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Vegetable Succotash
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.3
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 19.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 8.7 g