Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (may need more)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 150 g reduced-fat feta cheese
- 10 sheets phyllo pastry
- live olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- pesto sauce, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Heat oil in a large heavy based frying pan.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add eggplant and cook over high heat until browned.
- Add zucchini, capsicum and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and oregano.
- Season well and reduce until thick.
- Stir through parsley.
- While vegetables are cooking, unwrap filo.
- Spray each sheet with olive oil spray and layer upon each other.
- Work quickly to ensure pastry doesn't dry out.
- Spoon mixture along the side of the pastry.
- Sprinkle over fetta.
- Roll pastry tightly.
- Place on greased baking sheet seam side down.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and sesame.
- Bake for 30 minutes.