Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is good hot or cold.
- 2 cups small yellow onions, cut in eighths
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh ripe tomatoes (about 1 lb)
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow squash (about 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green squash (about 1/2 lb)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut fresh green beans (about 1/2 lb)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 lb uncooked spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine first 10 ingredients in large saucepan; cook for 10 minutes, then stir in tomato paste.
- Cover and cook gently, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- Cook spaghetti in unsalted water according to package directions.
- Spoon sauce over drained hot spaghetti and sprinkle parmesan cheese over top.