Recipe by Sydney Mike
We found the original of this recipe in the 2008 Taste of Home Heartwarming Soups cookbook, then made several changes to it, using more vegetables & making it strictly vegetarian!
- 1 small onion, quartered, slice thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup red potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieced
- 1 cup tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender, then add the next 11 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover & simmer for about 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, then stir in celery leaves & tomato paste. Cover & let stand for 5 minutes before serving.