Recipe by ellie_
I adapted this recipe from Bon Appetit (August 2004) using vegetables I had on hand and was happy with the result.
Top Review by yspring
I substituted 2 tablespoons of minced garlic for the shallots, used about 1 teaspoon of ground cumin instead of the seeds, 1 8inch zucchini, 1 5 inch yellow squash. It was amazing!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 5 baby bok choy, chopped
- 3 zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, reduce heat to medium and add shallot and cumin seeds and cook for 1-2 minutes or until shallot is tender and fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add zucchini and oregano to skillet and saute another 5 minutes.
- Add bok choy to skillet and cook another 5 minutes, stirring or until vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with green onions, tossing to combine and serve.