Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
For a garden gone wild.
Top Review by vrvrvr
Simple and delicious. This made such a wonderful light dinner served alongside brown basmati rice with toasted almonds. I did not have red pepper, so I added a little fresh tomato for color and it actually tasted good in there. We just enjoyed this thoroughly and will remember it for a quick, easy meal that's perfectly satisfying and nutritious. Thanks for posting this!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 2 zucchini, unpeeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat; melt the butter with the oil.
- Add in the onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, and zucchini; stir/saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in the corn, salt, pepper, and basil; saute about 5 minutes or until the vegtables are tender; serve immediately.