Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This looks really great--much of these veggies are already out of season so I'll have to wait till next year!
- 3 ounces soft tofu
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dill, leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 4 cups lettuce
- 3⁄4 lb beet, cooked,peeled and sliced (about 4 medium beets)
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, blanched and cooled
- 1 whole hard-boiled egg, peeled and quartered
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- To make vinaigrette, combine tofu, mustard, lemon juice, dill and salt in a blender; pulse until smooth.
- Toss with lettuce and divide between 2 large plates.
- Arrange beets, green beans and egg on top of lettuce.
- Top with sliced onion and sprinkle with capers.
- Grind pepper over salads and serve.