Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great dish, make it all the time and not just in the summer. I eat this hot and sometimes cold. Always yummy. I do however occasionally add more broth just to keep it more wet for left overs. I have added in substitution suggestions that you can try. I got this recipe from a Pillsbury vegetarian book.
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese ravioli (can sub.: any regular med. or small pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise,sliced (can sub.: 1/2 green pepper equals one zucchini)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups coarsely chopped seeded Italian plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (can sub.: 2 tsp dried basil, which would have to be added in with the zucchini and/or green pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Cook ravioli as directed on pkg.
- Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini, corn and broth; mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Add tomatoes, basil and cooked ravioli; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated and slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- If desired, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Love this!! Going to make this a regular in our house. It is the perfect summer meal! Thanks for the great recipe!!!
I have been using this recipe since I found it also. This is a great meal and has a beautiful presentation. The only change I make is I use refrigerated cheese tortellini instead of the ravioli. This is a great last minute summer dinner party meal
This was very easy to make and tasted really great. Everyone enjoyed eatting this and we too plan on making this often. Thank you.