Recipe by Faith77
Great dish, make it all the time and not just in the summer. I eat this hot and sometimes cold. Always yummy. I do however occasionally add more broth just to keep it more wet for left overs. I have added in substitution suggestions that you can try. I got this recipe from a Pillsbury vegetarian book.
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese ravioli (can sub.: any regular med. or small pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise,sliced (can sub.: 1/2 green pepper equals one zucchini)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups coarsely chopped seeded Italian plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (can sub.: 2 tsp dried basil, which would have to be added in with the zucchini and/or green pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ravioli as directed on pkg.
- Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini, corn and broth; mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Add tomatoes, basil and cooked ravioli; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated and slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- If desired, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with cheese.