Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister gave me this recipe. She's a vegetarian and said this was a favorite of hers.
Make and share this Summer Vegetable Ravioli recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 zucchini, cut in half and sliced
- 8 ounces frozen corn, prepared
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (or 1 tablespoon of dried basil)
- fresh parmesan cheese
- Cook ravioli as described on package and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir for 2 minute Add zucchini, corn, and broth. Mix well. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3-5 minute
- Add tomatoes, basil, and cooked ravioli. Cook 3-5 min, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve. Add more cheese, if you like.
A very tasty sauce although I didn't care for the corn in this situation. I think diced carrots would work better. My raviolis broke! I think tortellini would hold up better & 'fit' the sauce better as it would all be similar size. A tasty & easy recipe. Made for PAC Fall '08.