Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great use for zucchini! Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
- 1 lb corkscrew macaroni, such as rotini
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 zucchini, about 1 pound and thinly sliced
- 4 ears corn, kernels scraped off
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped (chop the basil just before using to keep it from turning black)
- In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 2 T olive oil over medium heat.
- Add half of the garlic and cook until golden, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs and remove from the heat.
- In the reserved pasta pot, heat the remaining 2 T olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the remaining garlic and cook until golden, about 30 seconds.; add the zucchini and cook, turning occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, cooked pasta and reserved 1 cup pasta cooking water.
- Add 1 cup cheese and toss; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the remaining cheese and basil into the breadcrumb mixture and sprinkle on top of the pasta.
A 10 Star Recipe! Definitely a new favorite. Try this and do not change a thing...the zucchini is perfectly cooked. I questioned steps #3-5 but it adds so much flavor! Fresh basil, corn and zucchini are essential! I used whole wheat pasta to make it healthier. This can easily serve six people. Rachael's recipes are the best...thanks for posting!