1/1 Photo of Summer Vegetable Pasta
This is a great use for zucchini! Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb corkscrew macaroni, such as rotini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 zucchini, about 1 pound and thinly sliced
- 4 ears corn, kernels scraped off
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped (chop the basil just before using to keep it from turning black)
- 1In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente.
- 2Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and the pot.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 2 T olive oil over medium heat.
- 4Add half of the garlic and cook until golden, about 30 seconds.
- 5Stir in the breadcrumbs and remove from the heat.
- 6In the reserved pasta pot, heat the remaining 2 T olive oil over medium heat.
- 7Add the remaining garlic and cook until golden, about 30 seconds.; add the zucchini and cook, turning occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in the corn, cooked pasta and reserved 1 cup pasta cooking water.
- 9Add 1 cup cheese and toss; season with salt and pepper.
- 10Stir the remaining cheese and basil into the breadcrumb mixture and sprinkle on top of the pasta.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Vegetable Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 917.4
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 386.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 34.3 g