Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
5 Steps to Healthy Cooking – 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness Serves 6
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 small zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn
- 6 cups water
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut in 1/3s
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped and divided
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring 5-6 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in zucchini, tomatoes with juice, corn and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans, orzo, and half the basil; simmer, stirring 15-20 minutes or until orzo is al dente.
- Stir in remaining basil.