Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salsa uses up lots of odds and ends from your garden.
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely diced (about 1 lb.)
- 1⁄2 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 medium yellow sweet pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel (about 1 medium ear)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- cilantro leaf, for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients except for the avocado in a medium bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Right before serving, add the avocado and taste for seasoning.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with tortilla chips.