Recipe by Theresa P
This recipe comes from the Better Homes and Gardens America's Hometown Favorites Cookbook. I like vegetables and, I love this! It makes a great side dish! I can eat this as the main entrée with a salad and bread. It is a great meal.
Top Review by HEP MEP
Loved it! Summer squash is one of my faves, and this tasted great. I did double the amount of breadcrumbs and Parmesan, and I made sure to get fresh thyme. Very tasty and I'm sure this will become one of my summertime treats.Had it with chicken and a potato puff. Thanks for the wonderful - and easy - recipe.
- 2 large leeks, sliced 1/4-inch thick (1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick (1&1/4 cups)
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick (1&1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (please use fresh, it makes all the difference)
- 1 minced garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a shallow 2 quart baking dish with non stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Rinse,trim and slice leeks; pat dry with paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, combine leeks, zucchini, yellow squash and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Transfer vegetables to prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together bread crumbs, cheese, thyme, garlic and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over vegetables.
- Bake at 425°F for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.