Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Gourmet. July 2004.
- 6 large eggs
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ounce prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 5 medium swiss chard leaves, stems discarded and leaves finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 12 scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 5 squash blossoms
- 2 ounces finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (1 cup)
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk together eggs, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Cook prosciutto in oil in a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until edges begin to crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and chard and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add scallions and zucchini blossoms and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook, lifting up cooked egg around edge using a spatula to let as much raw egg as possible flow underneath, until edge is set, about 2 minutes (top and center will still be very loose).
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Broil frittata about 6 inches from heat until set, slightly puffed, and golden, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Cool frittata 5 minutes, then loosen edge with a clean spatula and slide onto a large plate. Cut into wedges.