Gourmet. July 2004.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ounce prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 5 medium swiss chard leaves, stems discarded and leaves finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 12 scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 5 squash blossoms
- 2 ounces finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (1 cup)
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Whisk together eggs, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- 3Cook prosciutto in oil in a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until edges begin to crisp, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add zucchini and chard and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just tender, about 8 minutes.
- 5Add scallions and zucchini blossoms and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 6Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook, lifting up cooked egg around edge using a spatula to let as much raw egg as possible flow underneath, until edge is set, about 2 minutes (top and center will still be very loose).
- 7Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- 8Broil frittata about 6 inches from heat until set, slightly puffed, and golden, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- 9Cool frittata 5 minutes, then loosen edge with a clean spatula and slide onto a large plate. Cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Vegetable Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.2
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 218.3 mg
- Sodium 341.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
swiss chard leaves