Recipe by Jellyqueen
This is one of my adopted recipes. I have not made it yet, so I don't know if I will be making revisions or not. As of now, I don't think I will be revising this recipe.
- 4 slices bacon
- 12 small white onions
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 lb green beans
- 6 ears corn, broken-1/3s
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, white
- 6 small zucchini, 1-inch chunks
- 2 stalks celery, 1-inch slices
- 1 large tomatoes, cut in wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- THIS IS A BEAUTIFULLY COLORFUL DISH.
- In 6-quart Dutch oven over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- To drippings in dutch oven, add onions and green pepper; cook until golden; add hot water and next 5 ingredients.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low, cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and celery; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- With slotted spoon, arrange vegetables on large platter or in a large shallow bowl; crumble bacon and sprinkle over top.
- Arrange tomato wedges on top.