Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A cool fresh tasting pasta salad that makes a wonderful lunch.
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup orzo pasta, cooked
- 4 large carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- lettuce leaf
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Saute/stir onion for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from heat source.
- Add in orzo and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, carrot, red bell pepper, zucchini, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or more.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.
A very tasty and easy to put together salad. I doubled the recipe and it STILL disappeard!
You're right, this does make a nice lunch and side dish. After eating several helpings, I used up the rest to bulk up lettuce salad and that was great too! This salad is very mild in flavor and could be jazzed up if someone wanted to, but the way it is would be great for people that like mild food.